My Blog List

Sunday 11 October 2015

TEACHING PRACTICE, DID IT INFLUENCE MY IDEA OF HOW I SEE MYSELF AS A TEACHER OR NOT?

During the first four weeks of the third school quarter I was experiencing being a teacher in front of a whole class, or actually a school. Yes my first teaching practice and I must admit at first I was feeling scared but after my first day at school, I had a good feeling. Good in a sense, knowing that me and my other two fellow students received a warm welcomed. The teachers and rest of the staff were and still am very friendly there. They’d give us the necessary guidance how to be effective in front of class.
With that and all the knowledge that we’d received at campus up till our teaching practice, I think, or let’s say I know I had a great experience during my teaching practice. There can be some improvement in next year and the following year’s teaching practice but for someone who went out on his first teaching practice it was GREAT.
Now the question remains: “did teaching practice change my idea of how I see myself as a teacher?” If someone had such a great experience, do you still think that it would have had changed me and how I see myself as a “GOOD TEACHER”? Of course not. In fact now I know that I didn’t make a mistake by wanting to become a teacher. I was able to teach the learners, they as well as the teacher had showed respected towards me and we, me and the learners had a good understanding and communicated well with each other (even those who were punished by teachers because of me). So I think if I would’ve been appointed that I would make a perfect teacher-parent who would take good care of the learners. I AM DEFINITELY ON THE RIGHT PATH.

 So all thanks to the Almighty God, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, the staff of the school where I did my teaching practice, my family for their support as well as my fellow students for their support and last but not least myself of course who had to have the courage and strength to do all this.

2 comments: